Emerson College — Two Boylston Place & Dining Center
Client: Emerson College
- 18-story, 375-bed residence hall offers suites, single, double, and triple student residences in the heart of the college’s growing campus in Boston’s historic Theatre District.
- Features five themed, destination common rooms that address the urban campus’s need for indoor and outdoor communal student spaces.
- Totaling 18,000 square feet and seating 550, the Dining Center’s two distinct levels are connected by a grand open staircase.
- Demonstrates a creative reinvention/restoration of three long-underutilized retail spaces on the College’s Theatre District campus.
- Certified LEED-NC Gold while preserving and incorporating the façade of an historic Ancient Landmark Building into the new structure.
Photographer: Peter Vanderwarker
IIDA New England
Winner — Student Housing