Elkus Manfredi Architects is a full-service design firm providing architecture, master planning, urban design, interior architecture, space planning, and programming. We are seeking talented individuals with unbridled curiosity, who tirelessly ask questions, are always learning, and are passionately engaged.
We are currently looking for an experienced Proposal Manager. Responsibilities include conducting research and intelligence gathering for potential pursuits; development of strategy for proposals and interviews; as well as writing, crafting and producing statements of qualifications, proposals and interview presentations. The optimal candidate will have superior writing capabilities, a strong design sensibility, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to structure complex information and content into effective storytelling, regardless of the medium.
This position, which reports to the Director of Marketing, requires team collaboration, hands-on attention to details, creativity, strategic thinking, and the ability to deliver high-quality work products in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The successful candidate must be able to successfully perform multiple tasks, communicate well with others, and demonstrate initiative.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develops marketing approaches, including pre-proposal positioning where appropriate, as well as proposal development strategies and implementation
- Work with Principals and firm leaders to develop and produce qualifications, proposals, and interviews
- Preparation and production of proposals for efforts of varying sizes and types, from small to large pursuits, as well as major strategic efforts
- Directs the development and production of SOQs, proposals and presentations to produce client-focused documents and presentations that meet and exceed RFP requirements
- Work with Graphic Design team to create and/or select graphics (photography, charts, diagrams, etc.) to communicate required information
- Maintain library of proposal materials including documents, boilerplate text, and preferred renderings
- Add and modify project information in Deltek Vision database
Education and Experience
- Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Minimum five years’ experience providing marketing services for an A/E/C firm
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be articulate and exhibit high energy, enthusiasm, positive attitude, confidence, and poise
- Strong proficiency in writing, editing, proofreading, and layout skills
- Experience in strategic proposal management and production (up-front planning, win strategy development, proposal design and review teams) in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in use and application of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Microsoft Office; Deltek Vision a plus
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize, self-schedule, and be detail and deadline oriented
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple concurrent proposal assignments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including Principals, management staff and support staff.
- Ability to effectively prioritize a series of tasks to allow for efficient completion of assignment
- Experience managing teams of people with demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and provide constructive criticism in a team setting as well as one-on-one
Elkus Manfredi Architects is focused on creating dynamic, connected, sustainable environments that foster a sense of community, from the smallest workplace to urban neighborhoods around the world. The firm provides a synergistic combination of services — from architecture and interior architecture to master planning and urban design. With a legacy of design distinction and commitment to our clients’ success, the firm is recognized internationally for its work with corporate, life science, higher education, hospitality, residential, and retail-entertainment clients. Located in the iconic Innovation and Design building in Boston’s Seaport District, Elkus Manfredi is committed to creating common ground that brings people and communities together.
Elkus Manfredi Architects is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Candidates interested in being considered for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to: