Elkus Manfredi Architects is focused on creating dynamic, connected, sustainable environments—from compact workplaces to urban neighborhoods. Our synergistic combination of services includes architecture, interior architecture, master planning, and urban design. With a 30+ year legacy of design distinction, the firm is recognized for its work with corporate, life sciences, higher education, hospitality, residential, and retail-entertainment clients.
Elkus Manfredi Architects is committed to building an inclusive and welcoming culture that promotes, supports, and values diversity. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view and encourage a culture where differences are valued. We believe diversity drives innovation and fosters a cross-pollination of ideas that benefits both our firm and our clients. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and tools designed to help employees grow and successfully manage their careers. We continually strive to strengthen our recruitment and retention strategies to make our firm more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming.
The Project Accounting Specialist is a key member of the project management team. You are responsible for maintaining project profitability by providing billing, budgeting, and financial forecasting support to multiple Project Managers, who manage architecture and design projects. On a daily basis, you analyze, process, monitor, and report on project revenues and expenses, ensuring terms are met and projects stay on budget.
This role is for you if you are driven to work collaboratively with accounting department staff and project managers to ensure project and department needs and deadlines are met. You are organized, detail-oriented, and an advanced Excel user, who is quick to understand how data and tasks fit into the bigger picture functioning of the firm. You are eager and able to foster positive and professional relationships with multiple stakeholders, including Project Managers, peers, firm leadership, clients, and vendors.
You will join a smart, collaborative group that is committed to supporting one another. You’ll learn how a project-based accounting group functions, with both visibility into the whole process and the opportunity to work on a wide variety of tasks and projects.
This position reports to the Project Accounting Manager and will be hybrid (3 days in Boston, MA and 2 days remote).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely, accurate and collaborative support to Project Managers managing budgets for simple and complex architecture and design projects.
- Schedule and attend monthly financial reporting meeting with Project Managers.
- Monitor individual project budgets.
- Provide project reports to Project Managers as needed to keep projects on budget.
- Create project estimates.
- Assist with preparing a monthly forecast report.
- Monitor and follow up on unbilled job costs.
- Create client invoices.
- Monitor A/R aging reports and follow up on outstanding A/R balances.
- Reconcile invoices from subcontractors to budgets and approvals from project managers.
- Ensure A/P coding is accurate.
- Maintain good relations with clients, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Ensure filing systems are clean and organized.
Required Education, Experience, and Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree; in Business or Accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of A/R, A/P, and budget reporting; 2+ years of experience with A/R, A/P, and budget reporting preferred.
- Knowledge of project-based professional services related billing considerations and criteria; 2+ years of experience working in a project-based professional services firm preferred.
- Experience using enterprise resource planning (ERP) or other firm-wide project accounting software; Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Advanced ability with MS Excel.
- Proficient ability with MF Office Suite.
- Ability to use or learn to use ERP or project cost-accounting software to perform tasks; Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint preferred.
- Strong detail-orientation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to recognize and prioritize time-sensitive responsibilities.
- Ability to contribute positively and professionally to the office’s culture.
Benefits and Perks
- Ten (10) paid vacation days per year.
- Eleven (11) paid fixed holidays and two (2) paid floating holidays per year.
- Ten (10) paid sick days per year.
- Health insurance, 70% employer paid; multiple plan options including a no-deductible plan, Health Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account and/or Flexible Spending Account for pre-tax medical and dependent care expenses.
- Dental and vision insurance, 70% employer paid.
- Employer paid life, AD&D, short, and long term disability insurance, w/optional additional employee paid coverages.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program for counseling, legal, and financial assistance.
- Free annual membership to Blue Bikes.
- Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits.
- Free shuttles to and from the Innovation & Design Building and South Station or North Station during peak commute hours.
- Coffee all day and deeply discounted market snacks.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via LinkedIn Easy Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3416528058/.
Elkus Manfredi Architects provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. If you are interested in a career with Elkus Manfredi please apply via LinkedIn Easy Apply listed on the bottom left or email a cover letter and resume to: