At Elkus Manfredi Architects, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and sustainable culture that defines our firm’s identity and core values, firmly rooted in belonging with a resolve to educate, advocate, and unify. We are seeking talented individuals who share our convictions and core values: client service, design excellence, and a collaborative spirit.
Elkus Manfredi Architects is focused on creating dynamic, connected, sustainable environments that foster a sense of community, from the smallest workplace to urban neighborhoods.
We are looking for a Resource Librarian who is able to:
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Manage and organize physical and virtual materials libraries and resources for the firm.
- Communicate, coordinate and collaborate across disciplines.
Duties and responsibilities
The Librarian will be responsible for carrying out the activities to support materials library management (interior, and architectural) which include:
- Research the latest design trends, products, materials, publications, and periodicals.
- Procure, update and file reference and sample materials, and be a resource for all project teams.
- Define and implement a strategy for standard materials library content including sustainability criteria.
- Work with project teams to research products and materials that meet LEED and/or WELL project requirements.
- Assist interior designers with a variety of project-related tasks such as creating furniture and finish schedules, and prepare materials for presentations.
- Administer project archiving and storage standard processes.
- Organize trade shows and setting up lunch & learn presentations with vendors and industry experts for the interiors group.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- B.A. or previous library experience required.
- Subject knowledge of the fields of Architecture and Interior Design.
- Possess strong vendor relationships and contacts within the design industry.
- Knowledge of and experience using a variety of internal and external research and product. resources to seek out future trends, and review new products and innovations.
- Basic understanding of sustainability standards such as LEED and WELL.
- Possess an open communication style.
- Strong writing and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet research capabilities, and cataloguing skills.
- Experience selecting products to achieve material credits under LEED, WELL, Living Building Challenge and other sustainability programs for commercial projects.
- Experience using databases such as Mindful Materials and Declare as well as an understanding of sustainable materials labels and documentation such as HPDs and EPDs.
- Sustainability credential(s) such as LEED AP, WELL AP, or Fitwel Ambassador.
Elkus Manfredi Architects provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. If you are interested in a career with Elkus Manfredi, please email a cover letter and resume to: