Elkus Manfredi Architects is focused on creating dynamic, connected, sustainable environments that foster a sense of community, from the smallest workplace to urban neighborhoods.
We are seeking an interior architect and/or interior designer that is a forward thinking creative with strong design skills, sound technical knowledge, commitment to sustainable design, who is passionate about working closely with colleagues and clients.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Experience in all phases of interior architectural projects. That includes programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning, construction documentation and some experience in construction administration
- Work with the design team to create project concepts, imagery, and planning solutions.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting.
- Skilled in space planning with accuracy and careful program representation.
- Able to document complex programming information.
- Assist with development of formal presentations.
- Build rapport and foster relationships with clients.
- Work with specialty consultants such as lighting, branding, and audio visual.
- Possible/occasional management of entry level employees and interns.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Architecture and/or Interior Design.
- 4+ years of interior design experience.
- Proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD and other modeling software programs.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Additional Education, Training and Experience
- Bonus Qualifications: LEED Certified, WELL AP Certified, NCIDQ Certified, Certified Interior Decorators (CID), Registered Architect (RA), and/or IIDA Associate Membership.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
About Elkus Manfredi Architects
Elkus Manfredi Architects is focused on creating dynamic, connected, sustainable environments that foster a sense of community, from the smallest workplace to urban neighborhoods. The firm provides a synergistic combination of services — from architecture and interior architecture to master planning and urban design. With a legacy of design distinction and commitment to our clients’ success, the firm is recognized internationally for its work with corporate, life science, higher education, hospitality, residential, and retail-entertainment clients. Located in the iconic Innovation and Design building in Boston’s Seaport District, Elkus Manfredi is committed to creating common ground that brings people and communities together.
Elkus Manfredi Architects provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. If you are interested in a career with us, please send a cover letter, resume, and work examples to: