Elkus Manfredi Architects is a full-service design firm providing architecture, master planning, urban design, interior architecture, space planning, and programming. We are seeking talented individuals with unbridled curiosity, who tirelessly ask questions, are always learning, and are passionately engaged.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant for our Interiors Studio who will report directly to the Executive Admin in Interiors. This is a five days a week, in-office position from 10am – 6pm providing administrative assistance to project managers and their teams. The Administrative Assistant provides professional and confidential administrative services. The Administrative Assistant interacts closely with all staff, with special attention and priority to senior management. In addition, the Administrative Assistant works closely with the entire administrative team—from receptionist to other assistants—to share knowledge, keep the team updated, and fill-in and support other administers/complete other administrative tasks as they arise for the operational success of Administration and the firm. The role requires expert client service, collaboration, critical thinking, utmost discretion, keen sense of follow-through, and the ability to prioritize.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support project managers: Managing calendars, coordinating meetings, booking travel, setting up zoom meetings, reserving conference rooms, and ordering catering.
- Management of Interiors Careers Email and various recruiting activities in Interiors, including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of internal tracking sheet.
- Coordinating with interview team to review resumes, schedule interviews, and collect feedback related to candidates.
- Communicating with candidates, and relaying information during the recruitment process.
- Relaying all information to HR/Talent and Culture.
- Maintain internal spreadsheets: cell phone list, Experience/Skills spreadsheet, Elkus Manfredi Art, conference/seminar tracking, etc.
- Welcome coordination for new employees; organizing welcome lunches, office tours, sending out new hire questionnaire, performing occasional check-ins.
- Coordinate studio events (presentations, internal parties, studio cleanup).
- Scheduling rep visits and maintaining rep contact list in Outlook.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Send parcels via USPS, FedEx and courier.
- Complete AmEx statements and expense reports.
- Provide back-up administrative support to other managers as necessary.
- Support to Director of Interiors and serve as back-up to the executive administrative assistant.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited University.
- 2+ years administrative experience.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including email correspondence, letters, proposals, and phone calls.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Facility with industry language and processes (a plus).
- Familiarity with Construction Administration filing software i.e. Newforma (a plus).
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with experience of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, poise, and flexibility in an environment of frequent interruptions, conflicting priorities, and varying workloads.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface effectively with a wide variety of internal leaders/senior staff members, and external consultants and product representatives, and Elkus Manfredi’s confidential clients.
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment in handling confidential/proprietary information.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to anticipate needs, be resourceful, and be responsive.
About Elkus Manfredi Architects
Elkus Manfredi Architects is focused on creating dynamic, connected, sustainable environments that foster a sense of community, from the smallest workplace to urban neighborhoods. The firm provides a synergistic combination of services — from architecture and interior architecture to master planning and urban design. With a legacy of design distinction and commitment to our clients’ success, the firm is recognized internationally for its work with corporate, life science, higher education, hospitality, residential, and retail-entertainment clients. Located in the iconic Innovation and Design building in Boston’s Seaport District, Elkus Manfredi is committed to creating common ground that brings people and communities together.
Elkus Manfredi Architects provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. If you are interested in a career with Elkus Manfredi please email a cover letter and resume to: