Elkus Manfredi Architects is focused on creating dynamic, connected, sustainable environments that foster a sense of community, from the smallest workplace to urban neighborhoods.
We are seeking a Facilities Coordinator who will work closely with the Facilities Manager to support all activities related to the office and building operations. The Coordinator will be the first point of contact for internal and external vendors and internal clients.
Key Duties and responsibilities
Manage Office Functions including:
- Generating work orders to the landlord.
- Maintaining office records through an on-line archiving system.
- Provide general support to different departments within the firm.
- Responsible for closing of the office.
- Coordinating project activities.
- Providing schedule support.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in all aspects of project implementation as needed.
- Support the Facilities team with external vendors as needed.
- Breakdown of conference rooms and Cafe.
- Cut, Glue and put together material samples and presentation boxes.
- Assist with the delivery of all USPS mail, Fed-ex, UPS and courier packages.
- Provide administrative support to the Facilities team.
Additional Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare coffee throughout day, making sure it is available and urns are cleaned daily.
- Maintain the kitchen and all conference rooms clean and presentable at all times.
- Provide coverage for facilities team as needed, i.e. coordinate parking, etc.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
One to three years of experience in facilities, customer relations, inventory, purchasing and scheduling work management.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate professionally, verbally, and in written form with internal and external customers.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Responsibility for follow-up on actions based on various team projects.
- High organization skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform and manage technically complex projects using independent judgment and personal initiative.
- Build strong internal and external relationships using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Recognize and act on opportunities; adjust direction when situation warrants
- Work independently without regular direct supervision.
- Must be a provider of excellent customer service.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff and clients.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Continuous walking throughout the 50,000 sq. ft. office.
- Required to lift 35+ lbs.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Comfortable working on a ladder.
About Elkus Manfredi Architects
Elkus Manfredi Architects is focused on creating dynamic, connected, sustainable environments that foster a sense of community, from the smallest workplace to urban neighborhoods. The firm provides a synergistic combination of services — from architecture and interior architecture to master planning and urban design. With a legacy of design distinction and commitment to our clients’ success, the firm is recognized internationally for its work with corporate, life science, higher education, hospitality, residential, and retail-entertainment clients. Located in the iconic Innovation and Design building in Boston’s Seaport District, Elkus Manfredi is committed to creating common ground that brings people and communities together.
Elkus Manfredi Architects is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and are committed to a work/life balance. If you are interested in a career with us, please send a cover letter and resume to: