White Elephant Palm Beach
Palm Beach, Florida
Client: New England Development
- The comprehensive design for this reimagined historic property introduces a new aesthetic to Palm Beach: Effortlessly refined, gracious with a touch of wit, and filled with 20th and 21st-century original artwork curated especially for the White Elephant Palm Beach.
- As the new sister hotel to New England Development’s White Elephant Nantucket, this Palm Beach destination is a contemporary interpretation of Mediterranean revival architecture that supports the same meticulous standard of service for its sophisticated global guests.
- Built in the 1920s and designated a historic landmark in 1980, designers reimagined the venerable structure to create a gracious four-story hotel with 13 rooms and 19 suites.
- Black-and-white awnings and black trim against a fresh white stucco finish highlight the classic architecture while lending a contemporary look to the structure.
- Interiors are infused with layered finishes and patterns, custom-made furniture, and historic details all set against a palette of soft warm and cool neutrals that capture the quality of Palm Beach light.
Photography: Chi-Thien Nguyen/Elkus Manfredi Architects